Full-Time Youths Program Manager
The Youth Programs Manager reports directly to the Director of Education serving in the role of program manager for student programs. Responsible for all areas of Design Prep, a comprehensive program in design career awareness and training for all high school students. He/she schedules and coordinates Design Prep programs working closely with three targeted audiences: design professionals, design colleges/university professionals and high school students. Interest and experience in updating and collaborating on web content and social media.
• Develops and delivers a high quality design oriented education programs (such as Design Prep) for teens.
• Manage program budgets and conduct ongoing data tracking and evaluation of education programs for the Director of Education and senior managers.
• Build and maintain productive relationships with colleagues, designers, educators, schools, students, interns and volunteers.
• Provide staff assistance at major public programs (nationwide), special exhibition openings, and festivals and special events.
• Leads and presents a wide variety of design related programs throughout the year (oral presentations).
• Contributes to the planning and participates in Education Department activities and museum-wide events.
• Interest and availability to travel is essential.
Please visit Cooper-Hewitt’s web site for Education/Design Directions: http://www.cooperhewitt.org/learning/youth-programs
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in education or museum education studies (a Master’s Degree is preferred).
• Ability to take ownership of projects, to demonstrate initiative and to communicate effectively as part of a team in performing program management work for student programs.
• Experience with youth programming (teens)
• Experience with K-12 classroom teaching a plus.
• Experience with New York City schools and curriculum, and familiarity with NY state educational standards (teaching experience highly desired).
• Experience working with and coordinating education activities, internships/fellowships with students (at any level).
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, planning, organizational skills.
• Ability to draft reports and write effectively.
• Experience presenting and preparing oral presentations to large audiences.
• Experience working under pressure and demonstrated ability to meet or exceed deadlines.
• Interest and experience in web technology and social media outlets
• Ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable.
• Personal interest and knowledge of contemporary and historical design.
• Demonstrates a proven aptitude for learning new web technology and desire to collaborate with Digital & Emerging Media team to enhance the education content on cooperhewitt.org.
• Ability to update and develop content for a museum website.
• Participation in a professional setting in updating social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter and Blogging.
• Proficiency in using Windows Office such as Outlook, Word, Excel and other software.
Salary/Benefits: Salary $53,500.
Free Transit/Commuter Benefits
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Annual and Sick Leave
Family Friendly Leave
Family Friendly Workplace
Long Term Disability Benefits
Tax Deferred Savings Plan with Employer Contribution
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Account (Health & Dependent Care)
Historic and landmark offices and garden
92Y Fitness Center Usage
How to ApplyApplication Procedure: Submit cover letter and resume (addressing qualification requirements) to: HumanresouresEDU@si.edu
15518 total views, 2 today