Part-Time Windows System’s Engineering Manager – 128/Mass Pike Area of MA – Up
Please feel free to refer this position to other groups and people you know.
Position Title – WRTWSEM3368012012
Windows System’s Engineering Manager – 128/Mass Pike Area of MA – Up to $120K+
Excellent Compensation Package – Base + Bonus + Very Comprehensive Benefits
Local Candidates Only – No sponsorship
Large, public, highly successful, and growing Retail Firm – Great Company – Lots of Upside.
Position Responsibilities – Summary
- · Lead team of Windows Systems Engineers responsible for remote sites – buying offices, distribution centers, production deployments, merchandising focus, and the new Data Center Windows lead subject matter expert and designer.
- · Responsible for technical design and all facets regarding the Windows infrastructure for projects.
- · Provide support for all HP Suwanee activities related to the Windows architecture. Participate in Technical Impact Review meetings with HP to assess scope and impact of any changes in the Windows space.
- · Provide management of application deployments to production, based on approvals.
- · Provide management and oversight of windows based infrastructure in the distribution centers and buying offices.
- · Provides management support on special projects including end of life initiatives and assigned areas – like merchandising, external facing websites and more.
- · Ensure compliance with Windows security standards including change management, operations, disaster recovery and audit.
- · Provide technical direction, design, migration, implementation management and oversight for the new Corporate Technology Center activities.
- · Provide technical architectural design, direction and standards regarding virtualization and hardware blade technology strategies. Acts as the subject matter expert, single point of contact for Enterprise Architecture as it relates to the windows platform
- · Provide 4th level support for Citrix technology.
- · Identify issues and research/propose solutions for the improvement of the Windows Server Engineering computing environment (consists of over 1000+ servers and associated applications in multiple locations).
- · Provides management and communication for the team regarding daily support, problem diagnosis, and root-cause analysis for production degradation and outages.
- · Provides overall management activities, performance reviews, time tracking, resource management, status reporting, and team support.
- · Management of direct reports.
- · Other duties as assigned.
Reports to the Manager of Windows Systems Engineering
Required Skills and Competencies:
· 8+ years Information Technology experience in large data center, distributed, multi-location, multi-protocol, networked environment. Candidates must have experience working in an environment of 500 – 1000+ Windows Servers or very close to this number.
· 5+ years of management experience – Need experience managing a group of 5-10 people – Person best suited for this role will have come up thru a hands-on technical role and can still engage hands-on as needed. Needs to be hands-on technically in the technologies specified.
- · Experience with current development methodologies.
- · Experience with VMware, Citrix, Active Directory and Clustering.
- · Experience with audit and SOX compliance, security practices, middleware, change management compliance, database technology, etc.
- · Ability to manage and adjust multiple priorities in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- · Ability to rapidly adapt to new technologies and business requirements.
- · Cross platform technical knowledge.
- · Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- · Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- · Retail experience a plus but not mandatory.
Very minimal, as necessary
Send Resume in Word format only to: Gary Wright – President – Wright Associates
2144 total views, 1 today