Full-Time Syngagogue Administrator
Congregation Shaarei Tefillah is a vibrant, medium-sized, Modern Orthodox congregation in Newton Centre, MA. We are seeking a highly-motivated self-starter who is tech-savvy and detail-oriented to become our Synagogue Administrator. The synagogue administrator will work with our Rabbi, accounting/payroll service and lay leaders to manage the daily operations of the synagogue. A successful candidate must be a well-organized, customer service-oriented person who can work well with a team, communicate easily with others, and help create and maintain a secure, welcoming synagogue environment in which congregants feel their religious, social and communal needs are being addressed in a positive manner.
Responsibilities: The synagogue administrator will be responsible for:
- Interacting daily with congregants, staff, and congregants of the larger community
- Managing the “front desk” (e.g., answering all calls to the main line, manage the front door “buzzed” entry and receiving all walk-ins)
- Assessing and addressing all inquiries/requests and forward to the appropriate parties as deemed necessary. Provide timely responses.
- Digital marketing: Weekly updating and maintenance of our synagogue website, creating and managing social media presence, sending emails to congregation on relevant programming.
- Producing weekly synagogue announcements (reaching out to relevant stakeholders)
- Updating and maintenance of synagogue databases and membership records
- Managing synagogue mailings
- Preparation of posters, flyers and ads for display in the synagogue, on the website, in social media, and to be used in email communication.
- Calendar Management:
- Maintaining the synagogue calendar including kiddush sponsorships, lifecycle observances, educational events, classes, holiday schedules, youth activities and visiting scholars.
- Working with families on scheduling lifecycle observances (e.g., bnei mitzvahs, baby namings, weddings, etc)
- Support annual process for congregant renewal
- Facilities and office management:
- Assisting with managing custodial contractor (including their schedule and coordinating set up for events) and overseeing ongoing building maintenance
- Keeping track of and re-ordering office/janitorial/and food supplies.
- Digitizing files and materials as necessary and building a repository for the information
- Programmatic and administrative support:
- Provide administrative support for specific synagogue programming
- Provide administrative support to rabbi, lay leadership and committees
- Manage all vendor contracts.
- Financial and Membership Management
- Coordinate with external contracted services, who handle our payroll and bookkeeping (A/P, A/R) functions; communicate with their representatives.
- Coordinate donation process, interacting with donors, online system and with lay leaders to send acknowledgments for donations.
- Process check deposits and credit card payments. Process and file payroll packages and checks for signature.
- Oversee and ensure timely and proper input of financial transactions into applicable programs, including dues, pledges, payments, and vendor invoices.
- Self-starter that takes initiative, identifies opportunities and problem solves on how to address issues.
- Project management skills – ability to manage multiple priorities at once and coordinate diverse stakeholders to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills (both orally and in writing)
- Knowledge/understanding of synagogue functions, Jewish rituals, life cycle events, holidays & customs
- Computer skills, including, but not limited to, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google docs; experience with ShulCloud, or a similar membership management system, or track record of mastering new software.
- Basic financial literacy
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service mentality
- Ability to work independently and also effectively in teams
- Organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Experience with digital communications, including social media, digital marketing, email management
- Must adhere to strict confidentiality, ability to recognize and handle confidential information in an appropriate manner.
Preferred Experience: 2-3 years
Preferred Degree: Bachelors
How to ApplyFor more information or to submit a resume please email Shaareirecruiting@gmail.com
79 total views, 2 today