Part-Time Special Events Associate
Jewish Family and Children’s Services – United States View or apply to job » The Special Events Associate will assist the Director of Special Events and Projects and also support the Director of Émigré Development and the Associate Director of Development. The position requires knowledge of nonprofit practices, particularly event creation and annual giving implementation skills; the ability to work independently, as well as with a team; the ability to conduct successful outreach to JFCS constituents; and the ability to track details, multi-task, and work efficiently. The position is integral to the efforts of the agency’s Development Department. The person in this position reports to the Director of Special Events and Projects and works to fulfill JFCS’ mission and goals in compliance with agency standards for performance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The role of the Special Events Associate is to assist with implementation of the annual Fammy Awards Gala and Émigré Community Gala, and, as directed, to assist the Associate Director of Development and work on other projects. Specific tasks will include:
1. In support of the Fammy Gala, assist the Director of Special Events and Development staff with coordination and event production, including working the event.
- a. Assist with seeking corporate and individual underwriting support through written solicitations, phone calls, and meetings, as directed.
- b. Coordinate silent auction, including tracking silent auction items and donors in event software and Raiser’s Edge; assist with solicitation of items and organization of pickup or delivery; assist with packaging items; create certificates, bid sheets, and description sheets; plan and create auction decor; and assist with management of setup, execution, and cleanup of auction at the event.
- c. Conduct gala-related correspondence by mail, email, and telephone, as directed.
- d. Assist with staffing the event to ensure that all components are carried out, as planned.
- e. Complete data entry to maintain up-to-date records, as directed.
- f. Help to implement the Fammy Gala timeline, as directed.
2. In support of the Émigré Community Gala, assist Émigré and Development staff with coordination and event production, including working the event.
- a. Handle logistical preparation for committee meetings and note-taking, as directed.
- b. Work with the committee to solicit auction items and coordinate the auction.
- c. Assist with logistical preparation for house party fundraisers; attend the house parties, as needed, to ensure that all components are carried out as planned.
- d. Assist as liaison with caterers, other vendors, and guest performers to ensure smooth implementation of the gala plan.
- e. Assist with gala-related correspondence (by mail, email, or telephone), as directed.
- f. Assist with staffing the event to ensure that all components are carried out as planned.
- g. Complete data entry to maintain up-to-date records, as directed.
- h. Help to implement the Émigré Gala timeline, as directed.
3. In support of Preschool Preview Night, assist the Director of Events and other staff.
- a. Assist with seeking exhibitors as well as corporate underwriting support through written solicitations, phone calls, and meetings, as directed.
- b. Assist on the day of the event to ensure that all components are carried out as planned.
4. Assist the Director of Annual Giving with postal and email fundraising campaigns.
- a. Help to secure new note writers and assist with organization of note writing, including the removal of inactive note writers.
- b. Participate, as needed, in note writing parties.
- c. Assist with organization of postal mailings and email outreach, as directed.
- d. Assist in outreach with follow-up calls and emails to donors, as directed
- e. Assist with completion of data entry to maintain up-to date records, as directed.
5. Assist the Associate Director of Development with the annual report and the writing of donor notes for solicitations by lay leaders.
6. Support other special events and projects, as directed.
7. Support the agency’s Development and Marketing Department with additional assignments, as needed..
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience in development and public relations activities desirable, including one to three years of event production and annual giving experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Good organizational skills and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet ,and database management software desirable.
- Ability to work tactfully and in cooperation with staff, Board members, volunteers, clients, the media, and general public.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly under general direction and to demonstrate excellent judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, plan ahead, meet deadlines, and perform well in the context of the workload fluctuations inherent in the profession.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as required, to meet job duties and responsibilities.
Additional Information: This is a part-time, non-exempt contract position with benefits.
How to ApplySend cover letter and résumé to CynthiaC@jfcs.org . Jewish Family and Children’s Services - 3 days ago - save job - block » Apply Now Indeed will send your application to email@example.com. Please review all application instructions before applying.
2359 total views, 1 today