Part-Time Social Media Coordinator
About the Organization
Founded in 2007, Wilderness Torah is a leader in the earth-based Judaism movement and has served thousands of people with land-based holiday retreats; outdoor, mentor-based K-12 programs; young adult leadership development, local and national training in our models, and most recently our virtual learning opportunities. We’re here as one healing balm in an overstressed, disconnected culture – to reconnect to the magic created when we get out into nature, experience embodied Jewish ritual and learning, all within a multi-generational setting. See our website at www.wildernesstorah.org.
Wilderness Torah has been named a Slingshot Top 50 most innovative Jewish nonprofit seven years running, and has received regional and national awards for Jewish education.
Our workplace culture is one based on flexibility, trust, warmth, and dedication. Our small team works hard, brings their whole selves, takes time when they need it, and relishes helping create meaningful experiences. We also have a large community of hundreds, from families in our youth programs to participants who help co-create our events.
About the Position
Wilderness Torah seeks an experienced Social Media Coordinator to play the central role in developing and curating our social media content as well as provide in-house graphic design work. This is a 20% position and would report directly to the Director of Marketing & Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Marketing and Communications
- Develop and curate engaging content for our social media platforms: Facebook and Instagram (and other platforms as appropriate).
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Attend events and produce live social media content.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create and manage the social media calendar.
- Monitor and research social media channels for audience preferences and industry trends.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics. Track and provide a weekly report of social media analytics (e.g., likes, followers, engagement).
- Increase our following & engagement by recommending and implementing approved enhancements to social media strategy.
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics
- Assist in the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy.
- Post Wilderness Torah marketing content to other relevant social media pages and groups.
- Train co-workers to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way.
- Design visual concepts using graphic design tools including design software
- Select colors, fonts, photographs, layouts and other design elements to communicate creative concepts
- Support other marketing activities as requested by the Marketing Director
General Wilderness Torah responsibilities
- Participate in required trainings
- Possibly participate in our quarterly cultural vitality days, and annual retreats
- Participate in the annual evaluation and review process
- Participate in Organizational Redesign work
- Participate in Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion work
- Engage as a thoughtful member of a small, innovative team and community
Qualifications / Skills:
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML
- Excellent social listening skills
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space
- Strong copywriting and copy editing skills
- Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- 1-3 years experience with B2C social media marketing or content development
- Direct experience using social media management tools (Hootsuite, Sprinklr)
- Experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premier Pro), Canva) or equivalent digital media editing tools a plus
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
Pay and Benefits:
- 20% time, FTE Salary range from $48,000 to $50,000 (see schedule below)
- We offer ten U.S. holidays and all chag Jewish holidays off (days that follow the Shabbat rules of no work). We have a flexible vacation policy
- Remote Office and Flexible working culture
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% matching
- Free attendance at Wilderness Torah adult programs, 25% discount on youth programs
- Position is about 8 hours per week.
- Specific schedule to be determined with the supervisor.
Wilderness Torah believes that personnel diversity is an organizational strength, and recognizes and values the intersecting identities that staff members bring to our organization. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply. WT is committed to providing equal employment consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status
How to Apply
- Please send a resume, two references, a cover letter (one page), and portfolio/samples of work to email@example.com.
- Please include “Social Media Coordinator” in the Subject line.
453 total views, 2 today