Full-Time Retail Supervisor
American Dream, developed by Triple Five Group, is an unparalleled mix of world-class entertainment, retail and dining, comprising more than 3 million square feet just minutes away from New York City in East Rutherford, New Jersey. American Dream is home to leading attractions, including DreamWorks Water Park, Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park, LEGOLAND Discovery Center, SEA LIFE Aquarium, Big SNOW Ski Hill, Dream Wheel – a 300-foot observation wheel overlook the NYC skyline, as well as attractions debuting soon such as The Game Room Powered by Hasbro and Skip Barber Racing Go-Kart Academy. American Dream’s immersive luxury shopping and dining experience – The Avenue – features Saks Fifth Avenue, Hermès, Saint Laurent, Dolce&Gabbana, Carpaccio, a fine-dining Italian restaurant, and much more. The retail collection is further expanded with flagship locations for Aritzia, H&M, PRIMARK, Uniqlo, Sephora and Zara; as well as the Toys“R”Us global flagship, the only standalone location in the U.S, and the world’s first and only “candy department store,” IT’SUGAR and The ADdress, American Dream’s newest curated marketplace.
The main purpose of the Retail Supervisor is:
- To provide direction to ADdress team members while ensuring that outstanding guest service, safety and a demonstration of teamwork is always provided to our internal and external guests.
- Provide leadership to, Cashiers, and Team Leads within the ADdress
- Train, develop and direct staff to consistently place safety and service at the forefront of job duties.
- Manage, develop, and motivate team members for increased sales and operational efficiency while ensuring that all employees are complying with company policies and procedures.
- Provide feedback to team members and resolve team member performance issues.
- Document performance
- Maintain performance files and records for department team members.
- Coach, train, and mentor employees
- Write team member and team lead performance-based reviews annually.
- Work closely with the scheduler of team members and team leaders to achieve maximum efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Emphasize guest service by responding to guests in person, via email, phone or letter about questions, concerns, or issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Assists guests in the purchasing of Nickelodeon Universe Tickets, and Merchandise.
- Operate a computerized POS system in an efficient and timely manner.
- Monitor reports on ridership, merchandise sales and expenses.
- Serve as on-duty person in charge of Park Attractions operation on a rotating basis.
- Maintain overall safety and cleanliness for work area.
- May provide direction/support in other work areas such as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years college preferred
- Previous retail management experience preferred
- POS skill and knowledge
- Guest service experience required
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment
- Ability to make quick decisions and changes for the enhancement of floor display, guest service, safety, and productivity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous training experience helpful
- Leadership skills
- Provide department supervision while monitoring task completion
- Computer skills preferred – Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Experience in employee relations – corrective feedback, performance evaluations, performance management helpful
Physical Job Requirements:
- Stand and move- frequently, 80% of time
- Perform repetitive motion (using keyboard)-Frequently, 75% of time
- Reach at or above shoulder level – periodically, 10%
- Reach at or below shoulder level – frequently, 50%
- Stoop/Squat-periodically, 10%
- Lifting/carry up to 20 pounds – Occasionally, 25% of time
- Lift/Carry up to 40 lbs.-Infrequently, 10% of time
- Kneel and bend- periodically, 10% of time
American Dream is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
How to ApplyPlease directly contact: Renana Witty (Store Manager): email@example.com or Susan Roselle (Recruiter): firstname.lastname@example.org
55 total views, 1 today