Full-Time Research Analyst
Position: Research Analyst
Terms of Employment: Full-time/Non-exempt
Location: 1 Whitehall Street, New York, NY 10004
Salary: $51,229 – $63,960, commensurate with experience and qualifications
Application Deadline: May 15, 2021 (applications will be considered until the position is filled)
The New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU) is one of the nation’s leading advocates on behalf of constitutional rights and liberties. Founded in 1951, as the New York affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union, the NYCLU is a not-for-profit, nonpartisan organization with more than 180,000 members and supporters, and eight offices statewide. We work in the courts, in the legislatures and on the streets to advocate for racial and economic justice, free speech, freedom of religion, privacy and equality before the law for all New Yorkers. For more information please visit our website: www.nyclu.org.
The NYCLU seeks a person to conduct analysis and research to support its advocacy and related work. The person in this position will work under the supervision of the Policy Department and work in collaboration with and under the guidance of a more experienced NYCLU analyst who is part of the Legal Department.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in developing requests for records and data files;
• Assist in managing data and document productions received as a result of those requests or through investigation, discovery, or compliance monitoring;
• Extract and transcribe relevant data and information from records and prepare them for analysis;
• Clean, code, format, and prepare data files for analysis;
• Create basic data visualizations;
• Correspond with clients and class members, and track relevant information gathered through such correspondence;
• Research additional relevant information;
• Distill key findings into memos and presentations;
• Draft declarations in support of litigation;
• Assist on other projects and tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree;
• 1-2 years of professional experience;
• Demonstrated experience using MS Excel and a code-based analytical program (like R Studio or STATA) to manage data, conduct statistical analysis, generate reports and create graphs;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously with consistency and accuracy;
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
Demonstrated commitment to civil liberties and civil rights.
Additional Qualifications (preferred, but not required):
• Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences OR bachelor’s degree in any subject area with a strong understanding of social science research methodology;
• 1-2 years of professional experience at a public interest or social justice organization;
• Experience with data management and analysis, particularly in the context of public interest work;
• Experience collecting and working with administrative data, particularly data from government agencies (especially immigration-related government agencies);
• Experience conveying research findings to audiences with varying levels of competency with data;
• Experience writing, conducting, and analyzing surveys;
• Experience with data visualization or graphic design.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants can submit their cover letter and resume via https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/520447/New-York-Civil-Liberties-Union-Foundation/Research-Analyst. Please limit your cover letter to why you are interested in the position and your unique qualifications for the role.
The NYCLU is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, record of arrest or conviction or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and having a workforce that reflects the population that we serve.
The NYCLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
How to Applyhttps://www.click2apply.net/MaM78bTxPLYGUrWeFQeqM
93 total views, 1 today