Part-Time Program Administrator
Job ID 2017-9831
Campus Wilf-Amsterdam Ave & 185th St
Posting Date 7/5/2017
Employee Classification Non-Exempt/Non-Union
Department Center for Jewish Future
Position Type Regular Part-Time
Posting Date 7/5/2017
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs over 6,000 people across our various campus locations — Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission: to “bring wisdom to life” through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
This is a part time position working 25 hours per week.
YUConnects conducts educational, social and networking activities on campus and for the larger community (alumni too) promoting healthy relationships in preparation for marriage. The Program Administrator will oversee all events and program implementation as well as provide ongoing operational and technical support to program’s various parties (staff, members, connectors, donors, etc.)
- Develop and maintain growing outreach lists (donors, members, connectors, etc.)
- Liaise with community to provide answers and appropriate direction
- Assist with budget development for events. Maintain comprehensive detail of budgetary information, income/donations/expenses
- Submit payments and reimbursements, communicate with vendors, etc.
Public Relations and Marketing:
- Prepare communicative summaries, presentations, and PR material for YUC programs
- Communicate program successes to the wider community; conduct post-event assessments and incorporate changes prospectively
- Participate in strategic planning efforts to advance the program’s mission and support
- Manage YUC calendar, update CJF calendar and YUC social media channels
Donor Relationship Development:
- Coordinate YUC advisory board and advisory committee meetings and communication
- Assist with fundraising efforts in targeted communities working closely with YUC & IA staff
- Manage contact with engaged couples/and or their parents for gifts of appreciation
- Provide technical support to members and connectors
- Compose and send out monthly emails to members and connectors
- Maintain waiting list of connectors and assist them in completing the application process
- Generate reports for YUC staff to update on members and connectors activities
- Provide direct assistance for event logistics and details
- Prepare necessary materials for events
- Promote, publicize, implement all program events (social, educational, fundraising, etc.)
- Manage recruitment, registration and feedback from events
- Attend events and programs to provide on-site assistance
Experience and Educational Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years of related experience is required
Skills and Competencies:
- Speaks clearly and expresses self well in one-on-one conversations and groups;
- Develops effective written communications and uses them appropriately.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Interacts and proactively shares information with internal and external contacts where appropriate;
- Develops effective relationships with peers, students and employees;
- Assumes responsibility to ensure issues/concerns will be addressed and monitors them through conclusion;
- Identifies, defines and analyzes information and situations before recommending a course of action;
- Effectively manages own time and resources;
- Able to take ownership of events and to be proactive in anticipating problems and steering the ship in the right direction;
- Good political judgment and sensitivity, and the wisdom to elevate problems-with good recommendations to the Director
- Must possess a basic understanding of the Jewish community and knowledge of basic Jewish/ Hebrew terms.
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
How to ApplyApply Here
4676 total views, 3 today