Full-Time Maternal Recovery Specialist
Project NESST (Newborns Exposed to Substances: Support and Therapy)/FIRST (Families in Recovery Support) Steps Together, provides parent-child therapy and peer support to address the impact of substance use and trauma on parent’s mental health, the early parent-child relationship, and infant development. NESST helps pregnant and new mothers meet the dual challenges of parenting and recovery from substance use disorder so they can form healthy relationships with their developing babies. NESST/FIRST Steps Together is a program of the Center for Early Relationship Support (CERS). CERS provides support groups, home visiting, family support and clinical services for families and training and professional development for professionals focused on supporting the earliest parent-child relationships, maternal and infant mental health and child and family well-being.
Project NESST/FIRST Step Together’s Maternal Recovery Specialists are responsible for providing support, education, treatment planning, referrals and case management to pregnant and new mothers whose newborns have been substance-exposed. The Maternal Recovery Specialist reports to the NESST/FIRST Steps Together supervisor for individual and group supervision.
Your workday will include:
- Working in collaboration with assigned clinician and NESST team to support assigned caseload of individual clients.
- Conducting regular visits either on the phone, virtually, in a community setting, or through home visits with assigned clinician to bolster client’s confidence (due to COVID majority of visits at the time are through telehealth), supporting her relationship with her baby, providing information regarding resources, providing information regarding and encourage use of recovery support services and provide connections and assistance with concrete services.
- Working with supervisor and NESST team to conduct, develop, implement and revise family treatment plans as they relate to Maternal Recovery Specialist services.
- Participating actively in weekly formal supervision and adhere to daily supervisory check ins.
- Maintaining accurate and timely electronic case records in accordance with program guidelines.
- Participating in Maternal Recovery Specialist and NESST/FIRST Steps together team meetings, and other CERS staff meetings as requested.
- Participating in and obtain required certificates to advance training regarding job skills.
- Participating in all required trainings and staff development programs.
- Performing additional duties as needed or requested.
What can you bring to this position?
- Must be in personal recovery.
- Post high school experience working with families and children.
- Prior experience working in a structured work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with high-risk mothers and their families.
- Willingness to work with a diverse population.
- Access to a car and a valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel within Massachusetts.
- Must be mature, flexible, able to work independently and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point).
- Desired Qualification: Prior experience working with individuals with substance use disordersand/or certification as a peer recovery coachare strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment decisions including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations or salary are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, medical condition or disability status. JF&CS is committed to providing employees with an inclusive work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment.
How to ApplyFor more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://jfcsboston.hirecentric.com/jobs/183791-35943.html
127 total views, 3 today