Part-Time Family Recovery Support Training and Technical Assistance Specialist
Do you want to have a positive impact on families in recovery?
Do you have a background in family support and child development?
Can you bring an additional perspective that is underrepresented in our staff? We are seeking to increase the voices of those who are Black, Indigenous, People of Color, Fathers and those with personal lived experience in recovery.
JF&CS is seeking a Parenting and Child Development Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) Specialist to join our work as trainers and learning community facilitators for FIRST (Families in Recovery SupporT) Steps Together. FIRST Steps Together (https://www.mass.gov/first-steps-together) is a home visiting program that provides peer recovery, parenting, and clinical support as well as care coordination, for families with children 5 or younger, impacted by parental substance use.
The T/TA Specialist works with multiple staff on the project at each direct service site, including Family Recovery Support Specialists (parents in recovery with specialized training to support others on their journey), Clinicians and Supervisors. T/TA Specialists are responsible for providing assistance, in-person and virtual training and support to FIRST Steps Together sites to support their work.
This position is part of a grant project funded by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and will be based at JF&CS headquarters in Waltham with a hybrid of remote and in-person work. Some travel within Massachusetts is required. Must have reliable transportation.
This is a Part-Time position (25-30 hours per week). The salary range for this position is $43,000-45,000 per year.
Essential Job Functions:
- Closely collaborate with other T/TA team members in planning, designing and implementing trainings and other resources.
- Provide support and training to project staff specifically in the areas of parenting and child development. This includes:
- Creating and facilitating trainings.
- Leading virtual Learning Communities.
- Creating written resources such as newsletter articles and tip sheets.
- Providing reflective, responsive support by phone, email, virtually or in person to project staff.
- Contribute to project wide and statewide meetings and initiatives for the purpose of building capacity and systems support for families impacted by substance use.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant content knowledge and/or direct service experience in parenting and child development (5+ years) with an emphasis on the perinatal period, infancy and early childhood.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ease and confidence with facilitating online groups, meetings and trainings.
- A strong desire to support staff with both tangible supports and resources and by creating safe spaces for collaboration, support and encouragement.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Power Point)
It is our goal to reflect the diversity of the families we reach, or have yet to reach, in our hiring practices and our work. We highly encourage those who identify as BIPOC, bilingual candidates, fathers and those with lived experience with substance use recovery to apply.
What our T/TA team says about their work:
“This project is amazing. The staff is so supportive of walking with families no matter where they are on their recovery journey. As a T/TA team we get to be the ones to offer support to those that are on the front lines. We get to equip them with training and resources, but also hear and hold their stories. Last week a site shared a letter from a parent stating that she has been able to maintain her recovery, get her children back and find stable housing. It was such a great moment to celebrate! I am so thankful to get to be a part of this work.”
To apply for this position, please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.
How to ApplyFor more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://jfcsboston.hirecentric.com/jobs/204696-35943.html
159 total views, 1 today