Full-Time Family Recovery Support Training and Technical Assistance Specialist
Do you want to have a positive impact on families in recovery?
Do you have a background in family support and child development?
Are you looking to join a team of dedicated professionals working with organizations across Massachusetts?
JF&CS is seeking a Training and Technical Assistance Specialist to join our work to support FIRST Steps Together (https://www.mass.gov/first-steps-together) a home visiting program that provides peer recovery, parenting support and care coordination, for families with children 5 or younger impacted by substance use.
“This project is amazing. The staff is so supportive of walking with families no matter where they are on their recovery journey. As a T/TA team we get to be the ones to offer support to those that are on the front lines. We get to equip them with training and resources, but also hear and hold their stories. Last week a site shared a letter from a parent stating that she has been able to maintain her recovery, get her children back and find stable housing. It was such a great moment to celebrate! I am so thankful to get to be a part of this work.”
We are seeking a professional with experience and knowledge in parent support and child development to provide support to the FIRST Steps Together initiative in those content and practice areas. T/TA Specialists are responsible for providing assistance, in-person (when in-person services resume) and virtual training, oversight and support to FIRST Steps Together sites engaged in expanding peer recovery, parenting support and care coordination for families impacted by substance use. The T/TA Specialist works with multiple staff on the project at each direct service site, including Family Recovery Support Specialists (Peer Recovery Coaches), Clinicians and Supervisors. T/TA Specialists will be supervised by the Director of Training and Technical Assistance. The position is part of a grant project funded by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and will be based at JF&CS headquarters in Waltham, with travel within Massachusetts. This position has both Part-Time and Full-Time Opportunities available. Flexible schedule with potential for hybrid work (both remote and in-person).
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide support and training to direct service staff specifically in the areas of parenting and child development
- Provide ongoing individual staff and site support and guidance through responsive assistance by phone, virtual meetings and in-person
- Facilitate ongoing virtual groups and webinars
- Create project related resources such as tip sheets and newsletter articles
- Contribute to training planning, development, and implementation
- Participate as a member of the project team in team meetings, CERS/staff meetings and other groups as needed
- Perform additional duties as needed or requested
- Significant content knowledge and/or 5+ years direct service experience in parenting and child development with an emphasis on infancy and early childhood
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel to occasional meetings and trainings within Massachusetts
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in child development, education, social work or related field
- Experience with serving families through home visiting
- Experience providing training or assistance related to parenting and child development
- Experience facilitating virtual groups/services
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point)
It is our goal to reflect the diversity of the families we reach, or have yet to reach, in our hiring practices. We highly encourage those who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQ, bilingual candidates, and those with lived experience with substance use recovery to apply.
How to ApplyFor more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://jfcsboston.hirecentric.com/jobs/198648-35943.html
221 total views, 1 today