Full-Time Emerging Leader Fellowship: Administrative
Emerging Leader Fellowship: Administrative Posted on: August 23, 2012 Posted by: NECHAMA – Jewish Response to Disaster MORE / LESSDESCRIPTION NECHAMA – Jewish Response to Disaster
Emerging Leader Fellow for Administration
About the Organization
NECHAMA (Hebrew for comfort) is a Twin Cities based nonprofit that provides disaster response and training services nationwide. Since
1996 we have trained and mobilized thousands of volunteers to help communities clean up after floods, tornadoes, and other natural disasters.
We are seeking a full time, versatile, and dynamic emerging leader interested in joining us as we grow to serve as our Administrative Coordinator. Based in our Twin Cities office, this position may also involve significant travel to represent NECHAMA at conferences and to disaster response deployment sites to assist in coordination.
This is a paid fellowship ($22,000) that includes learning opportunities geared toward professional growth in the disaster response field and nonprofit sector as a whole.
We are seeking an integral team member who is:
• Detail-oriented with exceptional listening and organization skills
• Flexible, with high energy and an ability to handle changing priorities• Self-starter and self-motivated with an ability to work without routine direct supervision
• Creative talent and strong communication skills (verbal and written) to assist in the preparation of external relations, marketing, and fund raising materials
• Eager to work collaboratively with staff to meet goals as a team
• Manage the daily administrative operations, procurement and basic finances including assisting with budget upkeep and invoice processing
• Manage donations processing; support the Executive Director with fund raising communications materials, reporting, activities, and event planning and coordination
• Update and maintain computer systems, databases and telephone systems
• Coordinate and schedule volunteers for disaster preparedness and response activities
• Play an integral role in recruiting, retaining, training, and managing volunteers
• Support NECHAMA staff with administrative tasks such as coordinating meetings and staff calendars, assisting with travel arrangements and expense reporting
• Serve as a primary contact to external community; manage telephone calls, mail and reception duties
• Assist the Operations Manager with the maintenance of facilities, trucks, tools, and equipment
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Accounting/bookkeeping skills or a comfort with numbers and an interest to learn
• Ability to manage people, time, and data
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to travel up to 70% of the time on short notice; and work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as necessary
• High School graduate. College degree or commensurate experience strongly preferred.
Bonus – Highly valued but not required:
• Experience in a non-profit environment
• Experience in Jewish community outreach
• Disaster cycle experience
• Knowledge of volunteerism and volunteer management practices
• Sense of humor
• Administrative experience
• Database management experience
How to ApplyTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume to info@NECHAMA.org, the position will remain open until filled.
1762 total views, 1 today