Full-Time Director of Marketing & Communications
Jewish Family & Children’s Service seeks a creative, data-driven and results-oriented leader to oversee the strategy, implementation and management of JF&CS marketing, public relations and communication program. Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, this role is responsible for building awareness and support for JF&CS’s wide range of human service programs, in order to drive philanthropy, fee-based revenue, client impact, and community support. The Director of Marketing will provide leadership, strategic vision and direction to a small team of marketing and communication professionals while also being a key hands-on contributor. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of success and bring expertise in multi-channel platforms, promoting diverse service lines and an ability to both manage and roll up their sleeves. With over $26 million in revenue, 40 programs, and 14,000 clients, JF&CS is a complex agency, and this highly visible position offers a unique combination of marketing challenge and social impact. This position works across the agency and with external partners, participates as a key business leader on organization-wide strategic priorities, and works closely with the agency’s top executives. JF&CS provides an opportunity to innovate and work creatively in a mission driven and family-oriented culture.
Your workday will include:
- Overseeing the planning, development and implementation of all marketing and communications, including social media, print and digital content, website, email marketing, public relations, newsletters, collateral and advertising.
- Responsibility for agency internal communications and intranet content.
- Developing agency-wide messaging, as well as plans and campaigns for particular programs, working closely with program directors as well as agency executives.
- Measuring, tracking and analyzing marketing results to inform effective decision-making.
- Ensuring that brand identity, messaging and marketing and communications strategy are infused in all organizational efforts.
- Overseeing the daily activities of the Marketing Department including budgeting, planning and staff development.
- Managing a small staff of 2 communications associates and 1 senior designer; set performance goals and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Promoting a culture of entrepreneurship, high performance and continuous improvement, and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach.
- Developing and overseeing all media relations including acting as agency liaison as needed.
- Serving as the organization’s lead writer and editor for a range of internal and external communications.
- Supporting the Chief Advancement Officer in the development and implementation of departmental and organization strategic goals and objectives.
- Maintaining strong relationships with key internal and external partners, including board-level contacts.
- Building strong relationships across the organization to stay current on our wide range of programs and to infuse an awareness of marketing and messaging in all of our work.
What can you bring to this position?
- A Bachelor’s degree is required although a Master’s degree/MBA is preferred.
- A Minimum of 8 years of experience in managing marketing and communications to advance an organization’s mission and goals, including experience in complex organizations with multiple services or products.
- Your demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing and communications activities.
- Exceptional writing, editing and story-telling skills.
- High competence in Google analytics and other performance measurements.
- Excellent collaboration skills’an ability to work proactively and effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of email and print materials and publications, website management, digital/social media content creation and management, and public relations.
- Strong budgeting and cost-management skills’an ability to maximize impact with a limited budget.
- Strong listening skills, combined with effective, articulate, and persuasive public speaking.
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of marketing and communications specialists.
- Your excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Experience working with media outlets and handling crisis communications.
- An ability to work independently and responsibly while managing numerous projects simultaneously.
- An interest in and commitment to JF&CS’s human service mission!
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment decisions including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations or salary are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, medical condition or disability status. JF&CS is committed to providing employees with an inclusive work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment.
How to ApplyFor more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://jfcsboston.hirecentric.com/jobs/178196-35943.html
334 total views, 1 today