Full-Time Director, JewishBoston.com
Combined Jewish Philanthropies (CJP), Boston’s Jewish Federation, seeks a “Chief Online Engagement Officer meets Innovative Jewish Content Guru” to take the helm of JewishBoston.com, our website that’s been making it easier for people to get involved in Jewish life since 2010.
JewishBoston.com features a calendar listing events from over 500 organizations, daily content from columnists and community bloggers, programs to help connect individuals and families to Jewish community and practice, and more.
The Director of JewishBoston.com sets strategy and direction for the project, oversees all content for the site and its social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.), and manages staff and contractors, including a community manager and web developer. Additionally, the Director coordinates with lay leadership, takes an active role in CJP’s Connection and Engagement agenda, and participates in broader conversations across CJP about engagement in Jewish life through technology.
The ideal candidate is a talented writer and editor, strategic thinker, and skilled manager. S/he should be a people person, skilled at building and maintaining relationships both online and in the world at large. Knowledge of the Jewish community and its offerings is helpful, but an outsider’s perspective is highly valued. The candidate should have a good understanding of current barriers to engagement in Jewish life and creative solutions to address them. S/he should have impeccable command of the English language, a confident voice, and a strong sense of how to push at the establishment just enough.
This is a full-time position based at CJP’s Boston office.
• Manage the content of JewishBoston.com, including its social media channels and multiple e-newsletters.
• Staff two committees for JewishBoston.com, including advisory and editorial.
• Oversee JewishBoston.com staff and contractors.
• Manage strategy for development of JewishBoston.com and ancillary projects.
• Manage measurement and evaluation of programs.
• Build, strengthen, and maintain relationships with multiple internal and external constituencies, including partner organization colleagues, contributing to strong relationships among the organizations.
• Keep abreast of and apply as appropriate best practices, new policies, etc., related to technology and communication.
• Maintain responsibility for day-to-day operations, including budgeting.
• Work closely with other members of the Commission on Jewish Connection and Engagement to implement strategies related to young adults, families with young children, and interfaith couples and families, among others.
• Work collaboratively with development colleagues in support of fundraising for programmatic area.
• Collaborate with other CJP staff on strategy concerning communication, social media, technology, and engagement.
• Represent CJP at a variety of community functions and organizations.
• Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
• BA in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications, or another related area of study.
• 6-8 years related work experience
• Understanding of web analytics and metrics.
• Experience with web content management systems.
• Experience managing and mentoring staff.
• Strong communications (written and verbal) skills.
• Experience as a professional, volunteer or participant in the Jewish community. Understanding of Jewish holidays, values and religious practices a bonus.
• Ability to work both collaboratively as part of a team and independently.
• Ability to prioritize tasks, balance multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
• Creativity, resourcefulness, and capacity for innovation.
• High level of energy and flexibility.
• Desire and willingness to learn and grow.
• Understanding of the Boston Jewish community.
• Availability for occasional evening meetings.
CJP brings together the people, partners and resources to fulfill the most important needs and aspirations of our community. Along with a comprehensive benefits package, this position provides a dedicated team environment while being a part of one of Boston’s premier philanthropic organizations.
How to ApplyTo apply, email cover letter and resume to Sharon Callahan, Associate Vice President, Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2782 total views, 1 today