Full-Time Director, Evaluation & Operations, Community Impact
At the Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund (the Federation), we envision diverse, dynamic Bay Area Jewish communities, deeply engaged in Jewish life and doing good locally, in Israel, and around the world. We create opportunities for people in the Bay Area to connect with and contribute to their communities. Our work is guided by the timeless Jewish values of kehilla (community), tzedakah (giving with just intention), tzedek (pursuing justice), and tikkun olam (repairing the world).
Like the diverse and multicultural community that we are, and in the long history of Jewish peoplehood, we are ever-changing and adapting. We celebrate and embrace all individuals who make up the fabric of our community, representing all races, ethnicities, religions, denominations, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, abilities, and national origins, among other identities. Our many identities are an asset as we build stronger, vibrant, and joyful communal belonging and a resilient ecosystem in which we all thrive, together.
The Community Impact Department builds and implements a range of impact initiatives, overseeing grantmaking from multiple funding sources to further the Federation’s vision of diverse and dynamic Bay Area Jewish communities, deeply engaged in Jewish life and doing good locally, globally, and in Israel. The Community Impact team focuses on Jewish living and thriving, primarily through existing and agencies and strategies and by innovating toward new strategies and markets. Working closely with agency leaders, we identify areas of potential communal growth and corresponding investment opportunities. Working closely with the Federation’s volunteer leaders, we set goals for growth and evaluate our impact against those goals. We fund and catalyze, maintain and seed, helping Jewish individuals and families thrive.
The Director, Evaluation and Operations is responsible for overseeing and implementing systems that organize, document, and evaluate all of Community Impact’s grantmaking and programs, totaling approximately $20 million. This new role will work closely with the Senior Director of Community Impact and with all team members, supporting them in their grantmaking and designing and implementing systems that bring together different strategies, data, and methodologies across the department. The Director will collaborate closely with the Director of Data and Operations to ensure process alignment, strategize on new systems solutions, and create a shared reporting and data collecting language across the organization. The Director will be the source of information and primary liaison to other departments inside Federation, ensuring that Community Impact provides what it should in order to help Federation communicate its impact, and will ensure that Community Impact is connecting robustly to grantee partners and Jewish organizations more generally, shaping and streamlining communication. In these roles, the Director will need skills and competencies at both implementing support systems and leading across peers and a team.
- Leads the department’s data efforts, including developing impact frameworks, designing effective reporting/data collection processes, identifying software and warehousing solutions, and aggregating and learning from data
- Oversees, trains and mentors department staff to build outcomes into plans, to manage evaluation plans, to collect and analyze data, and to discuss data
- Supervises or liaises with external evaluators when necessary; project manages evaluation plans, especially for foundation grants
- Supports team’s grantmaking by streamlining and coordinating RFP processes with marketing team and grants management team (including grant agreements, grant notifications, reporting schedules, reports, and report analysis)
- Facilitates communal needs assessments approximately twice annually, engaging Community Impact professional team as data collectors as needed
- Leads departmental efforts to align with and integrate into new and existing tools (e.g. Salesforce), reinforcing systems and decisions, and sharing best practices and implementation
- Collaborates and coordinates with other Federation operations staff to streamline cross-departmental processes and to provide more efficiencies and synergies
- Develops a document and recordkeeping plan and manages its implementation
- Supports the grant writing and fundraising staff with the production of standard and custom reports; establishes processes for regular and effective collaboration with Marketing and Development departments and ensures that data and stories are used appropriately in all materials
- Strategically organizes and implements communication (e.g. regularly scheduled partner emails) with Bay Area Jewish organizations
- Supervises the Federation’s scholarship program manager and processes, streamlining and automating where possible
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Strong project management skills and the ability to organize people and information toward a vision and project goals
- Proven track record of success with designing impact frameworks, creating data collection systems, and data analysis
- Experience managing complex systems and projects and communicating across stakeholders to collect, organize, and distribute information
- Experience with grant evaluation and systems preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated ability to establish and meet objectives and performance standards
- Knowledge of and appreciation for the Jewish community, its customs, and practices
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and particularly Excel or similar databases; Salesforce experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a highly motivated, goal-oriented team environment
- Bachelor’s degree required; MA preferred
Compensation range: $110,000 – $120,000
Please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com. All applications and inquiries will receive a response and will be kept strictly confidential.
WHAT WE OFFER
Excellent benefits — including medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick pay, holidays (including Jewish), and retirement plan.
*The Federation requires COVID-19 vaccination for new hires.
82 total views, 1 today