Full-Time Director of Development
The Director of Development will play a key part in advancing AJC’s mission and will need to be a resourceful leader, who will play a pivotal role in our organization
The ideal candidate will be a smart, high-energy self-starter who combines organizational acumen and professionalism with a love of Jewish heritage, familiarity with Jewish culture, knowledge of the Los Angeles Jewish community, and experience in and dedication to promoting pluralistic values. The candidate must also be a consummate team player who works effectively with various constituencies.
The Director of Development in Los Angeles will be responsible for expanding AJC’s annual campaign in the Los Angeles region. To achieve higher goals, he/she will be responsible for creating, implementing and directing a successful campaign with particular emphasis on personal solicitations, major gifts, community and special events (including corporate dinners), planned giving, foundation grants, endowment support, new leadership development and campaign public relations.
While reporting to the AJC Los Angeles Regional Director, the Development Director will also join the AJC National Development Department and enjoy the substantial support of a major global fundraising organization.
· Planning, organizing and managing the annual campaign;
· Developing strategies to encourage new gifts, as well as increasing current donor contributions;
· Expanding donor identification, tracking, cultivating, solicitation and stewardship of donors to ensure understanding, interest and involvement with AJC;
· Maintain and enhance the relationship between current donors and AJC, seeking to increase their commitment and giving;
· Coordinating corporate and professional dinners, special events and functions, community receptions, regional outreach and mail appeals;
· Preparing annual fundraising goals and budgets
· Overseeing prospect and donor records, budget and fiscal controls and the transmittal of funds;
· Work closely with AJC Los Angeles Regional Director, development staff, and board/volunteer leadership to provide guidance, organization and support in their development activities;
· Collaborate with program staff to actively develop and grow leadership base. Train, motivate and mentor new leaders to maximize their potential in development activities including identification of prospects and solicitation.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of, and a strong commitment to, Jewish issues and the objectives of American Jewish Committee. The best candidate will be an experienced development professional with planning and management skills and proven track record of fund raising success with significant experience in corporate and special events, donor cultivation, major gift solicitation and stewardship.
Specifically, the finalist will meet the following criteria:
· Goal-oriented campaign strategist who can create and execute a multi-faceted vision and plan for increased financial resource development results;
· Self-starter who can work independently and collaborate with professional colleagues and volunteer leadership;
· Dedicated to the highest ethical standards and to conducting business with the highest level of integrity;
· Committed to and enthusiastic about the mission, goals and programs of AJC and familiar with issues in which the organization is concerned;
· Flexible, well organized, creative and strategic thinker able to develop new ways to engage potential and existing donors, create new giving opportunities and programs;
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills;
· Poised under pressure; able to think strategically, have excellent judgment and enjoy working on multiple projects in a changing environment;
· Experienced in developing board members and increasing their level of participation in the fundraising process;
· The ability to effectively articulate core AJC issues and initiatives is highly desirable.
· Familiarity with the Los Angeles Jewish community, southern California region and demographics is a plus; Prior experience working with fundraising database software; prior experience working with Raisers Edge would be especially helpful.
How to ApplyIf interested in applying, please communicate with Rabbi Mark Diamond, Regional Director, AJC Los Angeles, 310-280-8080, or firstname.lastname@example.org .
2661 total views, 2 today