Full-Time Director of Development, 14th Street Y of the Educational Alliance
Director of Development – 14th Street Y of the Educational Alliance Posted on: July 18, 2012 Posted by: The Educational Alliance, Inc. of New York
In the past five years the 14th Street Y of the Educational Alliance, a Jewish Community Center located in the heart of the East Village in Manhattan, has emerged as one of the fastest growing Jewish communal organizations in North America. Nearly tripling the size of its core programs, founding LABA: The National Laboratory for New Jewish Culture, renovating much of its program space and infrastructure, and establishing a dynamic and well-resourced 14-member Board since 2007, the Y now seeks a creative, experienced, and energetic leader and senior colleague to implement strategic planning and financial resource development as the organization continues to shape an exciting future.
The Director of Development will build the capacity and will be responsible for developing broad strategies and cultivating the stakeholders to garner resources to maintain the operating budget of excellent programs grounded in the Y’s mission, and assess and implement resource development for large capital projects in the future.
One important initial task for the new Director of Development will be to set a goal of an annual campaign for the Y and to determine the methods and systems required to attain it. The Director will work closely with the Executive Director in cultivating current board members and donors and will also ensure that individuals inside and outside of the Y are activated as new, long-term donors as well. While the Y has been effective in recent years in increasing its fundraising thanks to the efforts of senior staff and the newly established Board, the Director will have every opportunity to build the annual campaign fundraising apparatus she or he believes will provide the most sustainable positive impact for the agency.
This is a wonderful, high-impact opportunity to leverage interest in Jewish communal life with the deep traditions of pluralism and creativity in the East Village. The Director will be part of a senior team that emphasizes collaboration, curiosity, and innovation to achieve outstanding results for the community it serves.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and in collaboration with senior staff of the Y and the Educational Alliance as well as their Boards, the Director of Development will:
• Assess existing strategic and donor relationships and communications strategies.
• Identify new cultivation and , in collaboration with the Director of Community Engagement and Communication, new communication strategies, that promote the Y’s Annual Campaign, goodwill and support of the agency and its programs, and potential synergies that advance the Y’s mission.
• Identify, cultivate and deepen relationships with existing major donors and build relationships with prospective donors.
• Be the primary researcher, connector, and partner in the Executive Director’s fundraising goals.
• Manage the 14th Street Y Gala.
• Assess, and implement strategic planning concerning a capital campaign for expansion of the 14th Street Y.
• Where appropriate develop the systems necessary for maintaining records on outreach, cultivation, communications, giving, and recognition of individual donors to the Y.
• Work closely with senior FRD staff of the Educational Alliance on fundraising from individuals for the Y as well as government, foundation, and corporate funding opportunities that emerge for the Y and the agency as a whole.
• Staff fundraising committees of the Y and the Educational Alliance.
• Identify candidates for the Y Board.
The ideal candidate will have a master’s degree and/or at least 7 years equivalent experience in the field of development. He or she will communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a proven track record of establishing relationships with donors, board members and volunteers. The willingness to work with sense of humor and in fluid collaboration within a dynamic team is a must, as is the ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends. The new Director will be a team player who can independently complete projects while supporting the mission and values of the 14th Street Y and the Educational Alliance as a whole.
The Educational Alliance is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, gender, religion, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, or sexual orientation. Accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals requiring them.
How to Applyhttps://home.eease.adp.com/recruit2/?id=1640531&t=1
2200 total views, 1 today