Full-Time Development Officer
The Development Officer, Annual Fund is responsible for creating and executing a comprehensive, year-round fundraising program and initiatives which will increase annual philanthropic support for the Gann Fund, the annual giving program for Gann Academy. Developed collaboratively with the Chief Advancement Officer, the fundraising plan will include goals, strategies, and programming that aim to build and engage our donor base. This individual will focus on renewing and upgrading current donors, as well as increasing the overall participation rate for the Gann Fund. This person will also work with the Development Team to ensure effective administration of Gann Fund gifts through acknowledgment letters, recognition of donors in the Annual Report, and the development and delivery of any necessary reports and communications, such as pledge reminders, to appropriate constituents.
Through personal visits, this individual will identify, cultivate, and steward meaningful relationships with established and potential donors, seeking and securing gifts for the Gann Fund, as well as identifying potential campaign and planned giving prospects. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record as an Annual Giving professional with expertise in relationship management both internally with staff and colleagues as well as externally with donors and volunteers.
- Plan, organize, and implement a development plan for Gann Academy’s annual giving effort, the Gann Fund including planning and implementing strategies for the Gann Fund launch, Calendar Year-End, Fiscal Year-End and other fundraising campaigns.
- In tandem with the development team, create and execute cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities to reach current families, alumni, alumni parents, grandparents, employees, community members and other constituent groups, that will increase participation and financial support to the Gann Fund. This will include, but is not limited to, direct mail, phone programs, e-philanthropy, and personal contact.
- Manage a portfolio of prospects and actively identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and prospects for the Gann Fund.
- Create and manage an evaluation dashboard of the Gann Fund, monitoring financial progress and program effectiveness throughout the year.
- Partner with the Chief Advancement Officer to identify and solicit major gifts prospects, assisting with strategy and executing appropriate tasks as it relates to the Gann Fund.
- Partner with key faculty, academic leadership, and students to secure and manage restricted gifts.
- In partnership with the Chair, manage the Gann Fund Committee and other leadership volunteers to identify and cultivate relationships with prospective donors, brainstorm and execute various development initiatives that engage our constituents.
- Plan, manage, and execute development events such donor recognition events and various school-wide events throughout the year.
- Other duties as assigned and serve as a member of the development team.
COMPETENCIES and SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a minimum of 2-5 years of advancement experience including complex program management and volunteer management.
- Demonstrated skill in gift solicitation.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to represent the school to external constituents and work effectively with internal constituents across several levels.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); experience with Raiser’s Edge donor software or similar fundraising software a plus.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented department.
- Willingness to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
How to ApplyPlease apply through this link with a cover letter and resume: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=15569&clientkey=41E60E345D94FF5C6CC31676A5FB9817
452 total views, 2 today