Full-Time Development Assistant
JCC Association of North America seeks an independent and dynamic professional to join the FRD Department in the role of Development Assistant. This full-time position is based in our NYC headquarters and supports all aspects of JCC Association’s fundraising operations as an integral member of a six-person team.
The Development Assistant offers administrative support to JCC Association’s Chief Development Officer while overseeing all operational aspects of the fundraising activity. This position also plays a key role as a front line of communication to donors, board members and key stakeholders for the FRD team. Key responsibilities include gift processing and acknowledgements, donor tracking and reporting, preparing mailings and donor communications, and assisting the CDO with board of directors’ correspondence, board meeting calendar planning, and maintaining board committee lists and schedules.
Successful candidates are creative and critical thinkers, enthusiastic, possess strong verbal and written skills, and are highly organized, detail-oriented, and capable of tackling multiple projects at a time. Candidates should work well independently, but also thrive as a member of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. It is essential to have good interpersonal skills and maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism while interacting with colleagues, donors, board members and organizational partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the donor database, ensuring the accuracy of the pledge and gift entries; coordinating pledge reminders; and generating personalized acknowledgements in a timely manner
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the donor database by ensuring all information is current and up to date; troubleshoot database issues
- Generate donor reports from the database to track FRD progress and enable monthly reconciliation with the finance department
- Document donor meetings and significant correspondences to maintain accurate records of activity and engagement
- Engage directly with donors, board members and other important stakeholders
- Provide administrative support to the CDO, including booking travel, scheduling meetings with prospective funders and donors, completing expense reports, drafting correspondence and monitoring calendar
- Attend and assist with the planning of three board meetings per year and administer all board correspondence, including updates to the board calendar and board/committee lists
- Draft minutes for board of directors’ meetings and select committees
- Build internal relationships within and beyond the FRD team to effectively and expeditiously complete assigned tasks
- Bachelor’s degree and related nonprofit experience required
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with ability to engage a broad range of donors and volunteers
- Comfort with technology, ability to learn new database systems, proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Must be detail oriented, able to meet deadlines, and capable of prioritizing and managing multiple assignments in a busy environment
- Ability to work on projects independently while also working as part of a team
- Competency for representing the institution well to the general public and funders
- Positive work ethic, friendly demeanor, entrepreneurial spirit, and desire to support a growing and dynamic FRD team
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
JCC Association offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Eight paid legal holidays and up to 13 paid Jewish holidays. In addition, the office closes early on the eve of three Jewish holidays.
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave, family leave, medical leave, jury duty leave, and bereavement leave
- Flexible Medical and Dependent Care Benefits
- Pre-tax salary deductions for transit
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, supplemental life insurance
- Retirement plan
ABOUT JCC ASSOCIATION
JCC Association of North America leads and connects the JCC Movement, advancing and enriching North American Jewish life. With 1.5 million people coming through the doors of JCCs (Jewish Community Centers and Jewish Community Camps) each week, the JCC Movement represents the largest platform of Jewish engagement on the continent. JCC Association is the convening organization of this dynamic network, partnering with JCCs to bring together the collective power and knowledge of the JCC Movement, with 12,000 full-time professionals at 172 JCCs across North America plus 41,000 part-time and seasonal professionals. By supporting them, together we enhance and strengthen Jewish life throughout North America.
JCC Association is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
How to ApplyInterested candidates can submit a cover letter and resume to Irina Khomina, Director, Human Resources, at email@example.com.
117 total views, 1 today