Full-Time Communications and Content Coordinator
The Jewish Museum of Maryland (JMM) seeks a Communications and Content Coordinator to provide strategy, planning, and implementation to ensure that the Museum’s robust and dynamic programs, exhibits, generated content, and community offerings are present, accessible, and compelling to a growing population of engaged people and communities.
In this role, with the support of the Executive Director, Director of Public Programs and the Marketing Chair and committee, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing a multi-year, coordinated communications, marketing, and messaging program to complement the programmatic, engagement, and financial goals established by JMM’s leadership.
- Providing leadership, including strategy and hands-on implementation of JMM’s communications and marketing.
- Developing a digital media production, post-production, and content management plan.
- Redeveloping and editing digital content, predominantly video, for further interpretation and exploration by JMM audiences.
- Identify staff training and deployment needs to support the plan, train staff, and implement the plan.
- Assessing and advancing internal communications processes and systems which enable the communications function within the department and across the institution.
- Developing a website development roadmap in collaboration with the management team.
- Managing web, email, and social media platforms; execute marketing, advertising, and PR efforts.
- Building and executing an integrated, strategic communications and marketing plan that supports JMM’s programmatic and engagement vision.
- Fostering culture of collaboration and transparency by ensuring that JMM’s systems and procedures support clear and compelling communications internally and externally, across all mediums.
- Partnering with Development team to develop a compelling communications plan to support general and capital fundraising and membership renewal periods.
- Collaborating with Lay Leadership, especially the Marketing Chair of the board.
- Coordinating communications efforts with other senior staff members and act as a proactive thought partner in the annual program planning process.
What You Will Possess to Be Successful
- You will exemplify our core value of continuous learning and partner with team members on agreed expectations about the work we need them to do to support and fulfill our mission as well as how the team will accomplish the work.
- You will educate the team by sharing what you know, and you will encourage colleagues to engage in ongoing learning and development opportunities.
- Take an entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will evolve the organization and push the boundaries of the field.
- Care and attend to the relational dynamics of process while caring for the quality of the product.
- 3-5 years of experience in a communications, marketing and digital media position.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop, Premiere Pro and InDesign, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WordPress and Canva a plus.
- Ability to extract and analyze data to make effective, efficient decisions about resource allotment.
- Ability to collaborate and delegate preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills preferred.
- Knowledge and experience within the Jewish communal sector a plus.
- Must be a skillful and proactive communicator.
- Experience working with volunteers, particularly board members, as well as managing and collaborating with external vendors, particularly in the press preferred.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
We offer a work environment that supports professional development and collaboration. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, and a complimentary membership to the Jewish Community Center. We make work/life balance a priority offering generous vacation/sick time and parental leave.
Salary range is approximately $45,000-$50,000. Salary will be based on qualifications, skills, and experience.
To learn more about The Jewish Museum of Maryland visit: https://jewishmuseummd.org/
The Jewish Museum of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The JMM is dedicated to advancing racial and social justice and holds a deep sense of care and commitment to the communities within which we live and work.
This job ad is not intended to be all-inclusive, but to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed.
How to ApplyTo apply click here
193 total views, 1 today