Full-Time Chief Administrative Officer
JF&CS’s Chief Administrative Officer will provide both strategic and operational leadership as a key member of the Executive Team, in a role which is both highly impactful and highly visible. Reporting to the CEO, the CAO works to optimize our organizational effectiveness, our efficiency and our employee experience. The CAO oversees a broad span of activity, including human resources, technology, operations, risk management, real estate and facilities, and office management. The CAO leads a team of 5 direct reports and 10 staff in total, and supports an organization with a $26 million budget, 300 staff, and 40 programs.
The CAO will also be a core member of our executive team and will contribute to all elements of JF&CS strategy and operations.
A key element of the CAO’s role is to improve organizational capacity and effectiveness, through a strong process orientation, an embrace of technology and tools, and the leadership and collaboration skills to facilitate change. As a strong budget manager, the CAO will identify opportunities for efficiency in both dollars and time. As a prudent risk manager, the CAO will implement and oversee policies, procedures and internal controls, and negotiate contracts and business agreements.
The CAO will promote an environment of high performance and continuous improvement’both in leading their own staff and in overseeing the HR function. The successful candidate will have deep expertise in managing and coaching people and teams and in building positive organizational culture. Core to this work is an embrace of our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
While most of the CAO’s work is internally focused, the role also interacts with our board of directors, other agencies in our ecosystem, and a range of vendors, partners, and community members. The CAO leads the organization’s work with the board’s risk management and compliance committee, the real estate task force, and other ad hoc board committees.
The ideal candidate for this position is collaborative, forward-thinking, and results-driven, able to achieve impact while building positive relationships with staff, program leaders, the executive team, and our board. The CAO should be equally comfortable working through strategy and details, with the flexibility to jump in at the level required for the task at hand.
Given the breadth of this role, it is expected that candidates will have expertise in some, though not necessarily all, of the other areas to be supervised. Prior human service experience is valuable but not required, but an eagerness to delve deep, learn about our work, and build relationships and impact is essential. We encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
- Serve as a key member of the executive leadership team, contributing toward organizational strategy, operations, and programs
- Supervise, coach and lead senior staff in Human Resources, Operations, Information Technology, and Project Management
- Develop efficiency, effectiveness and customer focus in all of our operational departments, with an eye toward opportunities for improved results and customer experience
- Identify key operational objectives and lead the team toward successful implementation, supervising the Project Manager and other Directors
- Work closely with staff and program leadership across the organization to build partnership and impact, and communicate broadly to the entire organization about operational initiatives
- Oversee our Director of Human Resources to build on our culture of collaboration and growth, while driving development of best practices; advise on complex employee issues and facilitate a focus on recruitment, retention, learning, and inclusion
- Oversee our Technical Support & Operations Manager who is charged with developing and supporting the technical infrastructure to support our operations and our staff; supervise technology purchasing and initiatives
- Supervise our Director of Operations, who is responsible for compliance and risk management, including accreditations, internal and external audits, incident and insurance management, COVID response, and overall quality control; ensure that the agency is managing risks appropriately
- Lead real estate strategy for our main Waltham office as well as other small offices and client-serving sites, including our residential program sites; ensure effective and efficient facilities, office management, and administrative support
- Manage agency contracts and agreements, including leases, government contracts, purchasing and more; serve as an advisor to program directors around these issues
- Serve as key executive team member for our board committees and task forces on Compliance and Risk Management, Real Estate and others as needed
- 10+ years of related professional experience, including 5+ years of successful experience supervising complex operations
- 7+ years of team management experience, including excellent leadership and coaching skills, familiarity with HR best practices, and experience managing managers
- Strong communications, collaboration, and relationship-building skills, including the ability to work across the organization, to contribute positively to organizational morale, and to coach others through change and complexity
- Excellent operational management skills, including solid experience with process and systems optimization, project management, and contracting
- Broad-based analytical, problem-solving and leadership capabilities’able to exercise excellent judgment within their own span of control and contribute to other areas as well
- Flexible and able to multi-task through a wide range of operating challenges’able to operate both tactically and strategically
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in both formal and informal settings
- Strong financial acumen, including analytical skills in budgeting and planning
- Able to represent the organization effectively with board members and external constituents
- Experience within the human service sector preferred but not required, including familiarity with human service compliance and risk management
- Passion for JF&CS’s human services mission
- Must be available to represent the organization at community-wide events and board-related meetings which may take place on nights and weekends
As part of the Jewish Family & Children’s Service team, you and your qualified dependents have access to a comprehensive suite of benefits.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plans
- Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Comprehensive Paid Time Off including Vacation, Sick, and Holidays
To apply for this position, please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
How to ApplyFor more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://jfcsboston.hirecentric.com/jobs/208156-35943.html
170 total views, 1 today