Full-Time CFO for Regional Nursing Home Group serving the North East Coast
Our client, a leading Nursing Home Group In the East Coast is seeking a Regional CFO.
As the Regional CFO, the primary responsibility will be to provide financial coordination and oversight, which will include affiliate financial planning, review and approve long-range forecasts, capital projects, plan and operational budgets. In addition, the individual will be required to review monthly financial reports of all affiliates and take proactive action to correct and identify deficiencies, particularly for underperforming affiliates.
Non operational responsibilities are to include providing input, analysis and high-level financial support for business development and potential expansion opportunities in the region, the individual will also need to provide leadership in delivering the organizational goal by optimizing the financial resources and the implementation of key financial procedures.
* Provide financial coordination, oversight, leadership and direction to the Regions facilities.
* Oversee the financial departments and review the region’s operating and capital budgets.
* Work with each affiliate to validate budget assumptions and achieve affordability within the accepted healthcare finance practices.
* Ensure financial plans and budgets are prepared for operations on a case-by-case basis for each individual facility.
* Establish mechanisms to monitor regional operating and capital budgets including periodic status reports, identifying reasons for deviation and potential corrective action.
* work with affiliates as directed to take corrective action.
* Provide guidance and oversight of financial analysis to proposed projects in the region.
* Participate in the analysis, negotiation and process management of key contracts or new ventures.
* Work with affiliates to implement financial systems, policies and procedures that establish standard performance targets and reporting requirements for affiliates.
* Proactively seek and evaluate potential investments, business initiatives for the Region and its affiliates, with the objective to enhance the Region’s financial performance.
* Review performance of current or recently implemented projects within the region and report back to the entities board and executives.
* Effectively communicate regional financial goals to entity Boards and executives, to achieve organizational strategic objectives.
* Provide direction to the finance departments of the underperforming affiliates within the region as directed by the Regional President.
* Coach and consult to the finance departments in the region’s affiliates and recommend or provide training where needed.
* Conduct financial operational audits and oversee implementation to crate across the board consistency.
* Collaboratively assist with implementation of the financial aspects of the business plan.
* Identify region wide fiscal needs that may not be fully addressed at the entity level, develop financial priorities and programs to address such needs, and enhance the region’s viability through effective planning.
Expansion and development:
* Provide input, analysis and high-level finance support for business development and potential expansion opportunities in the region.
* Direct financial due diligence, ensuring the business plans are based on financial principles coupled with broad strategic thinking.
* Monitor business plan financial targets to include revenue and cost reduction projections, and recommend corrective action to appropriate affiliate executive(s).
* Assures the integration of the Regional financial leadership into the Groups financial system through coordination with the financial liaisons.
* Implement the financial policies and report requirements in a timely, accurate and supportive manner.
* Provide leadership in delivering the organizational goal of optimizing through standardization of key processes.
* May participate in development and/or review of other region/affiliate strategic financial plans.
* May lead or participate in system financial strategies such as accounts receivable financial policies and, mergers and acquisitions.
* Attend and actively participate in the group’s CFO Council meetings, to provide leadership and to keep abreast of issues specific to finance within the health care industry.
* Keep the Regional President apprised of significant developments, new opportunities and financial trends.
Must have extensive experience as senior financial officer within the health care sector
Experience in structuring and dealing with relationships among physicians and hospitals, including capitation incentive arrangements, healthcare joint ventures and partnerships; healthcare contracting-strategy development and negotiation and healthcare business plan development.
Healthcare capital financing, healthcare cost accounting and healthcare information systems development is desirable.
Knowledge of Capitation arrangements and risk/sharing provisions for hospitals and physicians, Healthcare accounting, GAAP and cost accounting and Healthcare information systems architecture, working knowledge of laws and regulations relative to the use of tax-exempt property for private activity, investments and Medicare fraud and abuse. Also knowledge of tax exempt bond financing regulations and laws, Medicare and Medicaid cost reimbursement, Healthcare actuarial trends and techniques, and Insurance accounting and regulation.
Location: Candidate must be ready to travel weekly within the US east coast areas
Salary: 230K +
How to ApplySend your resume to email@example.com, and put "updated resume" as your subject.
2738 total views, 1 today