Full-Time Case Manager/ Social Worker
Do you want to prevent individuals and families from being evicted?
Do you want to help people keep the lights on and their homes heated?
Do you want to help guide people on a path toward greater economic stability?
Are you interested in being part of a collaborative team or professionals in an environment that encourages professional development and lifelong learning?
If your answer is “Yes” to any of these questions, we’d love to speak to you about the impact of our work and the dedicated teamwork we offer.
Across JF&CS our staff combats both institutional and systemic barriers such as income inequality, institutional racism, and the new challenge of Covid-19. Within the Emergency Financial Assistance Program, you will be using your skills to not only assist individuals and families, but make a lasting impact on your community as a whole.
The Case Manager works with a diverse, low-income population, using a strength-based and clinical approach. You will take time to understand the full scope of a client’s situation, connect them to resource within JF&CS and in the community, and provide financial assistance through our program. Your role is to support clients as they take steps to build a sustainable financial future. This work is rewarding during normal times and even more essential during this period of uncertainty and need created by COVID-19.
- This is a full-time position of 36.25 hours per week. While our main office is located in Waltham, during COVID 19 the person in this position will work remotely.
- Communication with clients and colleagues happens via phone, e-mail and ZOOM.
- You will receive weekly supervision, participate in staff meetings as well as the bi-weekly Case Coordination Team meetings which includes colleagues across several programs within our division.
- During COVID, we have implemented monthly social zoom gatherings for our division to provide an opportunity for social connecting.
Your workday will include:
- Conducting intakes with new clients by phone and continuing work with your clients via phone, email and ZOOM.
- Advocating on behalf of the clients with landlords, utility companies and other providers.
- Collaborating with colleagues.
- Learning about community resource and facilitating referrals for your clients.
- Reflecting on your work and client interactions during supervision time.
- Processing financial assistance requests.
- Entering your work in our new Salesforce client data system.
What can you bring to this position?
- Well qualified candidates will have high emotional intelligence and be able to work effectively with diverse individuals from many backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A keen sense of flexibility, creativity and determination which will allow you to face challenging client situations with hope and compassion.
- Preferably, you’ll have a Master’s degree in Social Work, however, candidates with a Bachelors degree in Social Work with relevant working experience would make you a good candidate for this job.
- While in person client meetings are on hold at this time due to COVID, at the time they resume a car or reliable transportation for client visits will be necessary.
- And you’ll need to be familiar with Microsoft Office computer programs (Excel, Word, Outlook) and be comfortable learning and using technology for record-keeping and communication.
- Experience with Salesforce, or any client data tracking system is a plus.
JF&CS is an equal opportunity employer who serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values diversity, equity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
How to ApplyFor more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://jfcsboston.hirecentric.com/jobs/189278-35943.html
170 total views, 2 today