Full-Time Case Manager – Emergency Financial Assistance Program – Bilingual (Russian/English)
Please submit cover letter with your resume explaining how this position appeals to you and why you’d like to work with us. Only resumes with cover letters will be considered.
Do you want to help individuals and families manage through the economic crisis caused by COVID 19?
Do you want to prevent individuals and families from being evicted?
Do you want to help people keep the lights on and their homes heated?
Are you interested in working with clients to set goals to move from financial crisis to stability?
If your answer is “Yes” to any of these questions, we’d love to speak to you about the impact of our work and the dedicated teamwork we offer.
The Case Manager works with a diverse, low-income population, using a strength-based and clinical approach, providing financial assistance, service coordination and resource referrals. Our role is to support clients as they take steps to build a sustainable financial future. This work is rewarding during normal times and even more essential during this period of uncertainty and need created by COVID-19.
- This is a full-time position of 36.25 hours per week. While our main office is located in Waltham, during COVID 19 the person in this position will work remotely.
- In-person client meetings within this program continue to be on hold.
- Communication with clients and colleagues happens via phone, e-mail and ZOOM.
- You will receive weekly supervision, participate in staff meetings and build relationships and engaged in continued learning in the bi-weekly Case Coordination Team meetings which includes colleagues across several programs within our division.
- The person in this position will work with all clients with a specific focus on working with our Russian speaking clients.
Your workday will include:
- Regular phone intakes with clients, ZOOM or phone meetings with clients to provide information and assistance.
- Processing financial assistance requests.
- Advocating on behalf of the clients with landlords, utility companies and other providers.
- Facilitating referrals to community resources.
- Collaborating with colleagues.
What can you bring to this position?
- Well qualified candidates will have high emotional intelligence and be able to work effectively with diverse individuals from many backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Russian and English.
- A keen sense of flexibility, creativity and determination which will allow you to face challenging client situations with hope and compassion.
- Preferably, you’ll have a Master’s degree in Social Work, however, candidates with a Bachelors degree in Social Work with relevant working experience would make you a good candidate for this job.
- While in person client meetings are on hold at this time due to COVID, at the time they resume a car or reliable transportation for client visits will be necessary.
- And you’ll need to be familiar with Microsoft Office computer programs (Excel, Word, Outlook) and be comfortable learning and using technology for record-keeping and communication.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We acknowledge and respect the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that is welcoming of all and celebrates the uniqueness of those we serve, staff, volunteers, donors, and business partners.
How to ApplyFor more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://jfcsboston.hirecentric.com/jobs/183032-35943.html
230 total views, 1 today