Full-Time Campaign Associate
The Campaign Associate (“CA”) is a full-time member of the Women’s Philanthropy Team. CA is responsible for the growth of Women’s Philanthropy of Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ primarily in the area of our Regional Office located in Scotch Plains, New Jersey.
CA will implement campaign efforts and programs in Union County and the surrounding areas.
Such efforts will include securing philanthropic gifts to the Women’s Campaign for both annual and supplemental giving purposes. Funding for the annual campaign and the programs necessary to promote this growth will be a particular focus. The CA’s office will be based in the regional office at the JCC of Scotch Plains, New Jersey.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary; CA will:
• Work with Women’s Philanthropy Campaign Team to conduct women’s campaign gifts through donor identification, cultivation and solicitation in Greater MetroWest with emphasis in the towns surrounding Scotch Plains.
• Forge new relationships with donors, strengthen current relationships and solicit gifts.
• Enhance programs designed to secure both short and long-range gift fundraising objectives; programs will be in both in the Scotch Plains and Whippany area with an emphasis on programs held in the Scotch Plains area (Union County), and develop new programs if necessary.
• Work with the Director of Women’s Philanthropy and the Women’s Philanthropy team to initiate fundraising plans for targeted donors’
annual giving and supplemental giving.
• Develop plans to identify women attending events who are capable of increased gift support.
• Develop individually tailored face-to-face, one-on-one cultivation and solicitation meetings, and work with appropriate lay leaders to strategize and manage their cultivation and solicitation of targeted donors.
• Conduct, in consultation with Women’s Philanthropy leadership and Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ Marketing Department, campaigns to highlight and advance women’s philanthropy in the community, including articles and ads for the NJJN, email and web communications, direct mail, speeches for lay leaders at selected events, etc.
• Maintain existing fundraising recordkeeping procedures in order to identify potential donors, track existing donors and acknowledge record and report all gifts.
• Attend such meetings, events and conferences within Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ and at outside agencies/organizations as are deemed appropriate to the furtherance of her responsibilities.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Women’s Philanthropy.
• Three+ years of proven success in cultivation and solicitation in a not for profit environment, especially with the growth of individual gifts.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, oral and written.
• Willingness to roll-up sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and collaborate effectively with fundraising staff, volunteer leaders and volunteer cultivators/solicitors.
• Understanding or/experience in the Federation system would be useful but is not essential.
• Knowledge of the Greater MetroWest community and the Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ mission would be useful but is not essential.
• A college degree necessary, with a preference for master’s degree.
• Effective interactions with all levels/types of volunteers, donors and staff.
• Personable, energetic, self-starting nature.
• Ability to work in a team environment split between two offices; Regional and Headquarters.
• Ability to work in an environment that will use Skype and telecommunication technology.
• Excellent written and oral skills.
• Excellent organization, technology and computer skills.
• Willingness to work frequent early morning or evening meetings/programs (some Sunday’s).
2-5 yrs. experience
How to ApplySend resume to email@example.com
2206 total views, 1 today