Full-Time BBBS Match Support Coordinator
Posted by: Jewish Board of Family and Children’s Services, Inc.
MORE / LESSDESCRIPTION
JBFCS, one of the nation’s premier mental health and social service agencies, offers a diverse network of approximately 175 community-based programs, residential facilities and day-treatment centers. These programs serve more than 65,000 people of all religious, ethnic and economic backgrounds each year at sites throughout New York City and Westchester.
BBBS Match Support Coordinator
We currently have an excellent full-time (35 hours) position available for a Match Support Specialist is responsible for providing case management services to the volunteers and children matched in one-to-one mentoring relationships. The purpose of match support is to ensure child safety, positive impacts for youth, constructive and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and a strong sense of affiliation with the Big Brothers Big Sisters program of JBFCS on part of the volunteers. This position will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: match closure rate, average match length, volunteer/child rematch rate and customer satisfaction.
Requires approximately 25% travel throughout metropolitan NYC service area in order to meet with matches as determined by caseload and position responsibilities below. The ideal candidate will be quick-thinking, high energy, creative, highly motivated professional able to conduct volunteer outreach and recruitment with an entrepreneurial view.
• Through scheduled in-person, telephone and electronic contact, ascertain that the elements of child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction are fulfilled and that potential problems and barriers are identified and addressed as early as possible. Promptly notify Supervisor regarding concerns, which negatively impact the match.
• Document and monitor all elements of match support and supervision for a caseload of approximately 30-40 matches.
• Assess individual training needs for volunteers, provide information and support for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
• Develop strategic interventions to identify and strengthen match relationships that require extra support to continue to grow.
• Plan and Facilitate 1-2 match activities per quarter that offer volunteers and children a variety of opportunities for group interaction and agency affiliation.
• Attend other agency activities to ensure positive growth in match relationships as assigned by Manager and Director of Development.
• Implement and promote opportunities to support ongoing volunteer involvement through recognition events as well as monthly ‘Big-of-the-month’ story submissions.
• Establish, monitor and meet goals for match length and customer satisfaction.
• Entering and maintaining database changes in addresses, phone numbers, workplaces and other volunteer/client information.
• Conduct exit interviews by phone with all parties at match closure.
Assess reasons for match closure and re-match/re-engagement potential.
When match terminates pre-maturely or unexpectedly refer exit interview to Manager for final review and signature.
• Share with Development and Marketing department staff potential partnership relationships as discovered through volunteers and parent/guardian’s employers and/or affiliations.
• Conduct Match Introduction Meetings for all new matches or rematches on your caseload at the child’s home or in the JBFCS headquarter offices.
• Conduct 1st Anniversary Match Engagement Meetings for all matches on your caseload.
• Conduct other meetings as needed with match parties.
• Identify and promote re-engagement of volunteers as Bigs, divisional board members, Board members, donors and in other volunteer capacities.
• Attend regular match support team meetings and Individual Supervision with Match Support Program Manager.
• Comply with all documentation requirements at JBFCS.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager.
• Abelief in the mission and vision of JBFCS and the BBBS program.
• Bachelor’s degree in social services, human services or related field.
• Prior case management experience preferred.
• Assessment and relational development experience with child and adult populations preferred.
• Understanding of child development and family dynamics.
• Strong computer skills and facility with social media.
• Experience working in diverse populations is preferred.
• The ideal candidate will be flexible and amenable to intense supervision, feedback and collaboration with colleagues and department head.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills as well as presentation are critically important.
• Ability to work both in team and independently exercising good judgment, making sound decisions and solving problems.
• Ability to work with confidential information.
• Willingness to travel throughout the 5 boroughs and Westchester.
• Able to work evenings and weekends on a limited basis (1-2xlmonth) to fulfill job responsibilities.
• Three-Five years (or more) experience working in the volunteer/mentor arena preferred • Understanding of the expression “let not perfection be the enemy of the good.”
How to ApplyTo apply, email your resume to: HRRecruit2@jbfcs.org. Include cover note with salary requirements, and mention title “BBBS Match Support Coordinator” in the email subject line.
2437 total views, 2 today