Full-Time Administrative Assistant
Position: Administrative Assistant
Department: Education Center
Terms of Employment: Full-time/Non-Exempt/Regular
Location: 1 Whitehall, NY, NY 10004 (Due to COVID-19, most of our work is happening remotely but some in-office work will be required for this position, beginning after Labor Day).
Application Deadline: August 30, 2021 or until the position is filled
The New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU) is one of the nation’s leading advocates on behalf of constitutional rights and liberties. Founded in 1951, as the New York affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union, the NYCLU is a not-for-profit, nonpartisan organization with more than 180,000 members and supporters, and eight offices statewide. We work in the courts, in the legislatures and on the streets to advocate for racial and economic justice, free speech, freedom of religion, privacy and equality before the law for all New Yorkers. For more information, please visit our website: www.nyclu.org.
DEI VISION STATEMENT
The NYCLU affirmatively values the humanity and contributions of those we work with, inside and outside of the organization; and will take action to build and sustain an equitable, anti-racist culture that centers the voices and experiences of marginalized and directly impacted people and communities, and an organizational environment where all people feel valued, trusted, and respected. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and having a workforce that reflects the population that we serve and actively recruit people of color, women, people with disabilities, formerly incarcerated people, and LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people.
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Deputy Director of the Education Policy Center. The Administrative Assistant accomplishes a varied range of tasks to support the programming and administration of the Education Policy Center including youth programs, onboarding and activation, logistics for NYC based trainings, and other administrative tasks.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Assistant will undertake a range of tasks and responsibilities to support the Education Policy Center, including:
· Maintain a department calendar and assist with scheduling for the management team;
· Support NYCLU’s youth programs by ordering food, reserving meeting space, setting up for events, tracking attendance, processing stipends for youth, scheduling meetings and program recruitment;
· Provide reminders to team members about tasks and deadlines in group projects;
· Assist staff in the planning, scheduling, and completion of meetings, events, and legislative appointments;
· Assist with running and manipulating reports, pulling data sets, and identifying trends;
· Identify and track legislation and coordinate with program staff;
· Coordinate mailing and keeping stock of various materials;
· Track correspondence and connections with legislative offices for follow-ups;
· Compile, edit, and draft communications;
· Support campaigns and programs with general research;
· Assist staff with expenses and reimbursements;
· Maintain and update list of contacts for New York City and New York State, including lists of school principals, guidance counselors, youth-serving organizations, and more;
· Work with other departments on specific projects, as assigned; and
· Additional responsibilities as needed.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as data management skills;
· Commitment to developing and maintaining effective relationships with others, including relating well to people from different backgrounds and diverse perspectives;
· Results-oriented with demonstrated ability to track progress and meet goals;
· Extremely detail-oriented and organized;
· Ability to manage, prioritize, and complete on-time multiple tasks, under tight deadlines;
· Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the organization, and a passion for civil rights and social justice;
· Well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite and videoconferencing technology;
· Ability to work occasional overtime or irregular hours, including nights and weekends;
· Database experience and fluency in Spanish a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter via [INSERT PAYLOCITY LINK]. If feasible, please submit these materials as a single PDF.
The NYCLU is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, record of arrest or conviction or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and having a workforce that reflects the communities that we serve.
The NYCLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
How to ApplyApply Online at: https://www.click2apply.net/m6GQVQiq5za1I2LDh4d6B
263 total views, 1 today