The Director of Community Relations and Development (DCRD) has operational oversight of all of JFS’s events and PR campaigns. The Incumbent works closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors. He/she will be involved with the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, and capital campaigns. The DCRD will also advise and support the Grants team in pursuit of grants from financial institutions, businesses and community partners. He/she will help develop the coordination of volunteers which may include donors.
· Coordinate fundraising special events such as the two large annual events.
· Oversee creation of publications and promotional items to support fund raising activities.
· Direct the annual appeal and liaise with community partners.
· Market capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives including the planned giving program.
· Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about JFS with the community.
· Meet prospective donors and supporters and establish effective communications with them.
· Support grants team including research, proposal writing, and reporting.
· Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising/marketing staff.
· Liaise with board members
· Consult on for-profit initiatives
· Staff development committee meetings.
· Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
· Maintain gift recognition programs.
· Perform other related duties as requested.
· Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
Qualifications for best qualified candidates:
· A bachelor’s degree
· Grant writing and management experience
· Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
· Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques
· Experience with Salesforce Database software
· Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
· Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
· Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
· Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
· Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
· Must know, understand and embrace the mission of JFS
Jewish Family Service & Children's Center of Clifton-Passaic (JFS) supports and strengthens the lives of families, children and adults, ensuring access to high quality, affordable mental health services. Founded in 1948 as a refugee resettlement agency, JFS has evolved into a full-service social services agency with a primary mission of supporting vulnerable populations in the community. We offer a comprehensive array of programs that address the community’s needs and challenges, including financial assistance, vocational rehabilitation, crisis intervention specializing in domestic violence and outpatient mental health services for young children, teens, adults and seniors. The agency provides non-denominational care with a focus on residents of Clifton and Passaic Counties.
Salary: Commensurate to experience.
Benefits include health care coverage, matching pension plan, paid vacation & sick leave, agency closed for most Jewish and Federal holidays, and some virtual work options.